WHO Says Second Wave of Full Lockdowns Possible

Business Insider is reporting:

“Top officials with the World Health Organization said that further lockdowns are possible across the world as some regions track surges in coronavirus cases after relaxing quarantine measures.

Dr. Michael Ryan, the organization’s Health Emergencies Program executive director, said at a Friday press conference that “there may be situations” in the near future of the novel coronavirus pandemic in which countries going back under full lockdowns “is the only option.”

WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told member nations one day earlier that “the virus can be brought under control,” but surges indicate that “the virus is not under control, it’s getting worse.” On Friday, Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the number of cases recorded in countries across the world had doubled in the span of six weeks.”

TO READ THE FULL STORY, VISIT BUSINESS INSIDER HERE: