Between 2012 and 2018, the number of pupils with:
- Autism spectrum disorder has more than doubled (101 per cent).
- Social, emotional and behavioural difficulties has risen by 86 per cent.
- Care experience has risen by over 54 per cent.
- Physical health problems has risen by over 98 per cent.
- Mental health problems has risen by over 252 per cent.
- Communication support needs has risen by over 293 per cent.
Figures produced by the Scottish Children’s Services Coalition (SCSC) have highlighted dramatic increases in the reasons pupils are being identified with additional support needs (ASN) in Scotland’s schools.
READ FULL REPORT HERE FROM The Scottish Children’s Services Coalition: