Sustainable Pulse is reporting:
“The U.S. law firm of Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman added 100+ new documents to the Monsanto Papers on Thursday. The new Monsanto Papers documents are available for review via the Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman website.
Prior to, during, and after the first three Monsanto Roundup trials, Baum Hedlund worked to declassify and publish internal Monsanto documents pursuant to the protective orders entered in the cases. The latest batch of Monsanto Papers documents were de-designated on March 1 and July 22.
Among other things, the Monsanto Papers show:
- Monsanto purposefully ghostwrote articles that regulators have been relying on for years.
- Monsanto orchestrated attacks against the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and its members for concluding glyphosate is a probable human carcinogen.
- Monsanto hid its own consultant’s conclusions that Roundup causes DNA damage.
- Monsanto hid data showing Roundup penetrates skin at greater rates than reported to regulators.
- Monsanto influenced EPA officials to arrive at pro-Roundup conclusions.
The latest batch of documents reveal Monsanto’s efforts to defund IARC by writing letters on behalf of sitting members of Congress to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which oversees government funding to IARC. Monsanto’s PR teams at FTI Consulting also worked behind the scenes to draft language for legislation aimed at defunding IARC.”
READ FULL COVERAGE HERE AT SUSTAINABLE PULSE: